The levels for Automation strategy are typified as follows:
Please find the checkpoints below.
|1. The objectives and scope are defined in the test automation strategy.
2. Priorities are defined in the automation strategy.
3. Automated testing is part of the regression test strategy.
4. The test automation strategy is agreed with the stakeholders.
|1. The test automation strategy includes testing across applications/systems/components
2. Each automated test level is defined in the strategy.
3. The strategy aims for selective and periodic automated test runs which achieve a predefined coverage
4. Risks related to test automation are identified and addressed.
|1. The automation strategy is based on the Return On Investment (ROI). ROI includes but is not limited to mitigating risks, delivering business value, reducing cost of manual regression testing, reducing maintenance cost, and the like.
2. The test automation strategy is regularly reviewed and revised when needed
3. The test automation strategy includes testing across end-to-end business processes.
4. Performance testing strategy linked to the automation strategy.