Test management and strategy
Test lead and coordination
Polteq’s experienced test leads can provide guidance to a team of two to six test engineers, by supporting the test engineers in test techniques and by taking care of coordinating tasks like spreading the workload and monitoring the test progress. Even in projects where less experienced test engineers form part of the test team our test leads are able to complete the test project successfully. For example in user acceptance tests, where end-users usually perform the testing, the combination of the testing knowledge of the test lead and the subject matter expertise of the end-users make up an excellent team.
The test lead and coordination activities include:
- creation of detail test plans;
- spreading the workload over team members;
- monitoring progress and allocating the (time) budget;
- reporting on progress and quality;
- bringing up solutions for bottlenecks;
- guidance and support for test engineers;
- assessment of team members;
- performing test engineering activities.
Good test management is a critical success factor for test projects. Experienced test managers of Polteq can take on the role of test manager within your organisation or alternatively provide test support to your test manager and testers.
The test management activities include:
- defining the risk based test strategy;
- estimating and planning;
- defining the organisation and the infrastructure;
- creation of the (master) test plans;
- supporting the test team (e.g. in using techniques);
- progress control;
- test progress;
- quality of the system under test.
By the combination of test management and test engineering services, Polteq can also staff a complete test project.