The levels for Tester professionalism are typified as follows:
Please find the checkpoints below.
|1. Testers have received specific test training and/or have sufficient experience in the field of structured testing.
2. Testers are familiar with the adopted test method and they apply it.
3. All required expertise – whether industry, business or technical – is available to the test team.
4. Testers are regularly evaluated on specific testing skills as well as general IT abilities in an employee performance appraisal.
|1. Testers are certified in testing (such as TMap Next or ISTQB).
2. Testers can explain the rationale behind chosen techniques that have been applied.
3. Test personnel enjoy their job and have a good relationship with other skill groups in the project.
4. Test tasks are defined, allocated and executed in line with expectations.
|1. Testers actively participate in Special Interest Groups, attend test seminars or read test literature to keep their skills up to date.
2. Test functions are part of the organization’s Human Resource Management and personal career development.
3. Testers strive towards accountability and responsibility for their own work and continuous improvement of their work process.
(Source: “TPI Next, Business Driven Test Process Improvement” ISBN 9072194977)