The levels for Test strategy are typified as follows:
Please find the checkpoints below.
|1. The principal stakeholder agrees with the documented test strategy.
2. The test strategy is based on a product risk analysis.
3. There is a differentiation in test levels, test types, test coverage and test depth, depending on the analyzed risks.
4. For retests and regression testing a simple strategy determination takes place.
|1. All relevant stakeholders agree with the defined (and documented) test strategy.
2. The overlap or gaps in test coverage between test levels or test types are well considered.
3. The test strategy includes adequate test design techniques.
|1. The process of creating the test strategy is evaluated regularly and, where necessary, adapted for future use.
2. The test strategy itself is evaluated against metrics on incidents that occur in production.
(Source: “TPI Next, Business Driven Test Process Improvement” ISBN 9072194977)