TPI Next – Methodology practice
Levels and checkpoints
The levels for Methodology practice are typified as follows:
- Controlled: A described test method enables predictable execution of test activities.
- Efficient: The described test method provides practical support for the test projects.
- Optimizing: Deviations from the test method are evaluated and lead to enhancing the methods.
Please find the checkpoints below.
|1. The test process follows a documented test method: the test method describes a set of test activities, the test products delivered by the test project and additional requirements on the way of working.
2. The test method fits the development method applied by the project.
3. The test projects consider the implemented test method to be of practical use.
|1. The test method describes for all test activities the goal, the responsible role, any techniques to be used and preconditions.
2. A complete and comprehensive set of templates is provided as part of the test method.
3. Mandatory, conditional and optional elements of the test method are indicated.
4. The mandatory and conditional elements are put into practice.
|1. Test teams structurally provide feedback regarding the test method.
2. The implemented test method is continuously enhanced and improved.
(Source: “TPI Next, Business Driven Test Process Improvement” ISBN 9072194977)