The levels for Tool integration are typified as follows:
Please find the checkpoints below.
|1. Reporting facilities support integration with surrounding management and reporting tools.
2. Import from external sources into the automation architecture is possible.
3. Export from the automation architecture to external targets is possible.
|1. Test automation and manual testing use the same defect management tool.
2. Defects found during automated test runs are logged externally automatically.
3. Test results can be linked to environment and component.
4. Configuration management includes test automation.
|1. Defects linked to automated tests are updated and closed automatically when automated tests are rerun.
2. Integration with surrounding tools is automated.
3. Defects that are “ready for retest” lead to automatic scheduling of the related test scripts after installation of the updated version of the test object