The levels for Automation scripts are typified as follows:
Please find the checkpoints below.
|1. Automation scripts are transparently linked to their objectives (WET).
2. Automation scripts do not block further automated test execution when the test object contains defects.
3. Automation scripts deliver consistent results.
|1. Execution of different data sets with the same automation scripts is possible.
2. Test data is stored separately from the test automation scripts.
3. Automation scripts are transparently linked to logical groups (e.g. functionality, sanity, regression) and can be executed separately.
4. The effort put in creating automation scripts is according to the test pyramid.
|1. The test logic is separated from the automation scripts.
2. Reuse of objects is implemented according to object oriented principles such as encapsulation, abstraction, inheritance, polymorphism, DRY, DAMP, Tell don’t ask.
3. Common test tasks have been identified and grouped (e.g. screenshots, data writers).