Testing cloud services – Testing for manageability
Manageability checks for documentation are as follows:
- Is documentation available?
- Is documentation kept up to date?
- Are changed versions sent to the correct stakeholders?
Various specifications are part of manageability and are subject to testing. The specifications discussed in this chapter are important from a testing point of view because they form the test basis and provide important information about test environments.
Checklist test measures ‘testing for manageability’
- 5.4.1 Specifications on the supplier side
- Interface specifications
- Specifications for customer resources
- Platform specifications (PaaS)
- Infrastructure specifications (IaaS)
- 5.4.2 Specifications on the customer sideInfrastructure specifications (IaaS)
- System specifications
- Architecture documentation
- Business process documentation
- Business requirements
- 5.4.3 User documentation
- 5.4.4 Test environment availability
- Test environments in IaaS/PaaS
- Test environments of the SaaS user
- 5.4.5 Test documentation
- Customer test documentation
- Supplier test documentation
- 5.4.6 Incident management procedure
- Supplier resolves the incident
- Customer resolves the incident
- The incident will not be resolved
- 5.4.7 Change procedure and version control
- 5.4.8 Maintainability of software