Testing cloud services – Functionality risks
|Risk||Test measure (section number/s)|
|Service and business processes do not align:
– Service does not meet all requirements of the business processes.
– Using the service results in the need for business process changes.
– Service does not work well in E2E business processes.
– Service provides insufficient means for configuration.
|Users are not comfortable with the way the service works.||5.1.3, 5.6.3|
|Quality of the service is inadequate (bugs).||5.6|
|The manuals are inadequate.||5.4.1, 5.4.2, 5.4.3, 5.6.1, 5.6.3|
|Service is not according to the supplier’s description.||5.4.1, 5.6|
|Repairing user errors is not possible.||5.1.3, 5.5.4|
|Functional maintainability of the service is insufficient.||5.4, 5.6|
|Devices, operating systems, and browsers are not adequately supported.||5.1.3, 5.6.9|
|Configuration is not done correctly.||5.6.5|
– Is needed but not possible
– Does not function properly on supplier side
– Does not function properly on customer side
– Is not robust when changes are implemented
|Data is not recorded due to insufficient disk quota.||5.2.3|
– Has an impact on ongoing business
– Causes problems with migrating data to the service
|Service does not match the technical infrastructure of the customer:
– The service cannot be properly integrated with other services.
– The service cannot be properly integrated with the customer’s in-
– Customization is needed for integration.
|5.1.3, 5.6.4, 5.6.5, 5.6.6, 5.6.7|
– Into or out of the cloud
– From one service to another
|Changes are made to the service: – Announced
|5.4.7, 5.6.12, 5.9.1|