Systems have increased complexity, have more connected systems and are more and more used in processes within and over organizations. The influence of Agile, SOA, Cloud and outsourcing increases the importance of testing the relations between systems.
Testing is getting more used to testing interfaces and system integration. However, this does not put enough emphasize on the risks of connection between processes, actual use and the systems. End to end testing is used to evaluate the system of systems in the actual architecture while using the actual processes. Polteq pioneers in end to end testing and created the first complete end to end test approach.
Central points in end to end testing:
- End to end testers need to collect/create the test basis for an end to end test. This includes gaining insight in the connections between the systems, deata, processes, actual use and special events.
- Intensive collaboration with end users, operations and designers is essential. This requires a pragmatic and flexible end to end test organization.
- End to end risks are key. The test effort needs to be tuned to the risks to be able to control the end to end test effort.
- End to end test cases are added to a regular regression test.
Polteq end to end testers are specifically trained and experienced in end to end testing. They know what they are required to do, can quickly gain insight in the systems and processes and are able to create appropriate end to end test cases. The end to end testers communicate effectively with all people involved in the different parts of your organization and will deal with the testing within the complex environment of systems and processes.
An end to end test manager excels in communication, persuasiveness and controlling the test project. Polteq test managers with extensive experience in end to end testing analyse the risks and suggest fitting test measures. They create effective end to end test teams consisting of people with different skill sets and manage these teams efficiently.
Polteq also provides consultancy. Our experienced consultants help you with:
- performing an end to end risk analysis;
- analyzing a project or organization on end to end testing aspects;
- creating an end to end test approach or an end to end test organization;
- implementing the end to end test approach or organization.